In 2000, the Government of India launched the National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) and was notified in 2001 under the Foreign Trade and Development Act (FTDR Act). In 2007, the Tamil Nadu Organic Certification Department (TNOCD) was established and accredited by Agricultural and Processed Food Products Exports Development Authority (APEDA) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The accreditation number of TNOCD is NPOP/NAB/0019.
Tamil Nadu Organic Certification Department (TNOCD) is committed to provide its customers i.e. Organic Operators with stringent procedures to enhance the quality, endurance and reliability of the system of production and there by ensures quality of final Organic products, employing trained & qualified professionals to provide efficient state-of-the-art platform, complying with all applicable regulatory requirements and continually improving the Management System.
The primary aim of TNOCD is to carryout inspection and certification of organic production as per the standards of NPOP, which is on par with the standards of European Union. TNOCD offers free training to the registered organic farmers on the standards of both NPOP and TNOCD. Operators in crop production, animal husbandry, food processing, organic input manufacturing unit, traders and exporters can register themselves for organic certification.
CERTIFICATION BY TNOCD
After stringent inspection, TNOCD will issue scope certificate and transaction certification where necessary.
1. Scope Certificate is issued to an Organic Operator who complies with National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP).
2. Transaction Certificate is issued to a specified consignment of goods derived from production or a processing system, which is vital for export of Organic Products certifying that the goods comply with the norms of NPOP.
3. Product certificate is issued to the buyer on request where necessary.
There are lot of successful operators involved in Organic Production and Processing. To find the complete list, please click HERE.
To find contact details of Organic Certification Inspectors, Evaluator and Quality Manager of Tamil Nadu Organic Certification Department, please click HERE.
For more information and guidance, please contact:
Department of Organic Certification
1424A, Thadagam Road, GCT Post
Coimbatore – 641 013
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone : 0422-2435080
Fax : 0091 422 2457554
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE DOWNLOADS: (Click and Download)
STANDARDS and REGULATIONS:
1. To know about the National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) Standards, click HERE.
2. To know about the Tamil Nadu Organic Certification Department (TNOCD) General Standards, click HERE.
3. To know about the European Union Organic Regulation, click HERE.
1. FORM FOR TOCD ANNUAL CROPPING PROGRAMME
2. TNOCD AGREEMENT WITH OPERATORS
3. APPLICATION FORM FOR REGISTRATION OF ORGANIC FARM UNIT (Form 1A1)
4. APPLICATION FORM FOR REGISTRATION OF ORGANIC GROUP (Form 1A2)
5. APPLICATION FORM FOR REGISTRATION OF CORPORATE/BUSINESS CATEGORIES (OWN FARM) (Form 1A3)
6. APPLICATION FORM FOR REGISTRATION OF CORPORATE/BUSINESS CATEGORIES (CONTRACT FARMING) (Form 1A4)
7. OFF FARM INPUT PERMISSION FORM