Office Of The Principal Chief Commissioner Of Income Tax
Notice For Empanelment Of Special Public Prosecutors
F.No. CIT(Judicial)/Prosn. Counsels/2019-20/1 Date: 15.05.2019
1. Last Date to apply: 07.06.2019 upto 5.00 PM.
Applications are invited from advocates of substantial standing and repute and with good academic credentials for the empanelment of Special Public Prosecutors for representing prosecution cases of the Income Tax Department in the Economic Offences Court or/and in the appropriate courts of Chennai and other places of Tamilnadu and Puducherry.
2. Eligibility Conditions:
(i) Be eligible to appear before the Court as an Advocate, and
(ii) Have a minimum experience of 7 (seven) years as a Practicing Advocate, in criminal matters. Adequate experience of handling trials relating to Direct Taxes is desirable.
3. Eligibility, Terms & Conditions, Fees etc. are governed by Instruction No.6/2016 (F.No. 279/MISC./M-77/2011-ITJ dated 07.09.2016) and further modification of this Instruction issued vide F.No. 279/MISC./M-77/2011-ITJ dated 18.10.2016 and vide F.No. 279/MISC./M-77/2011-ITJ dated 20.02.2017, of the Central Board of Direct Taxes, New Delhi.
4. The application proforma, eligibility and terms and conditions of empanelment can be accessed at http://www.tnincometax.gov.in or may be obtained from the Income Tax Officer (Prosecution). All the documentary proof should be submitted along with the application. The Special Public Prosecutors who have either resigned earlier or whose empanelment has been terminated by this office for the reason of non-reporting to work or for any other reason cannot apply.
5. Canvassing in any form shall constitute a disqualification.
6. For the purpose of experience as mentioned in the para 2 above the cutoff date for eligibility will be 31.03.2019.
7. The applications received earlier to this advertisement or received through any other channel or received after the due date are liable to be rejected. Applications not submitted in the prescribed proforma or incomplete in any respect also, are liable to be rejected.
8. The duly filled in applications should be submitted in prescribed Proforma-P1, through Regd. Post or by hand in a sealed cover, addressed to the Income Tax Officer (Prosecution), Room No.327, Aayakar Bhawan, Main Building, 3rd floor, 121, Mahathma Gandhi Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600 034. A soft copy of the application in the prescribed proforma should also be mailed to the email id: firstname.lastname@example.org . The last date for receipt of the applications is 07.06.2019 upto 5.00 PM.
9. A copy of this advertisement is also available at the Department’s website
TO DOWNLOAD, CLICK HERE
- PROFORMA-P1 (Particulars to be furnished by an Advocate applying for engagement as Special Public Prosecutors)
- THE ELIGIBILITY, TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR EMPANELMENT & DUTIES OF SPECIAL PUBLIC PROSECUTORS IN INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT CHENNAI